Tuesday, January 23, 2018

2nd year down

Woah.
2nd year is over.
That is nuts.
And while it seems like he started medical school FOREVER ago,
I also feel like we got here so incredibly fast.

Second year has been exponentially better than first.
And I am grateful for that.
I thought I went into medical school with very low expectations,
but for second year,
I lowered them all the way down.
And then got rid of them all together.
They didn't serve me last year.

After coming out the other side that was first year,
I realized that I had been suffering from postpartum depression.
-No wonder I felt like hell-
Noticing that the changes within me were not JUST because my husband had started 
a demanding career path,
was like a light switched on.
It all made sense.
The thoughts and emotions I had been having made sense.
I could finally put a word to what I was experiencing.
And I found peace in that.

As time trudged on,
those thoughts and emotions became less severe and less frequent.
And I felt more like me.
Little by little,
normalcy came back.
Happiness came back.
Energy came back.

And now that second year is over,
and I reflect on the last 7 months,
I know there is still so much growing to do.
And lucky for me,
the road we are traveling will provide many opportunities to do so.
I also know that I have been blessed.
So many tender mercies from my Heavenly Father,
that keep me moving forward in faith.

Last week,
Jason and I went to the temple planning to do a regular session.
But when we checked in,
a small sign on the counter read,
"Temple patrons needed for sealings."
I pointed to the sign and asked Jason if he'd like to do that instead.
After thinking about it for a surprisingly long time,
he said "Sure let's do sealings."

And during that hour,
in that small sealing room on the third floor of the temple,
sitting next to Jason,
I had a profound spiritual moment.

There have only been a few times in my adult life,
where the Spirit is so strong,
that my entire physical body feels heavy.
Like I am completely grounded into the floor.
It starts at the top of my head and travels to my feet,
and then for a few moments,
I feel unmovable.
It is far different from other times that I feel the presence of the Holy Ghost.
It is hard to explain,
but those moments are unique and special,
and I feel so incredibly close to my Father in Heaven.
I am completely certain that He is aware of me in right then.
And in that moment,
in that small sealing room on the third floor of the temple,
sitting next to Jason,
the Spirit spoke something so very special to my heart.
And I was so very happy.
And so very thankful that Heavenly Father knows me so well,
and clear by the impressions I felt that night,
has a complete and beautiful plan for me.

The adventures are just beginning.


1 comment: