Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Grateful Monday Tuesday Part 2

I started this post yesterday, but things got busy, as life does.
So there it sat.
Until now.

I have thought a lot about what I wanted to say today. 
The cancer storm has calmed somewhat, and we are all catching our breath finally. 
The road ahead is still long, 
but we hope it is a steady one.
There has been more time to reflect.
More time to feel blessed.
Feel gratitude. 

For my Grateful Monday part 2,
I am grateful for my friends.
About 18 months ago, Jason and I sat down and talked about what the next year would bring.
There was still a lot to do on his path to medical school. 
Shadow physicians.
Volunteer.
Study and take the MCAT.
He had about 7 months to do it all.
He felt overwhelmed about the limited time he had before applications opened.
We decided to wait another year to apply.
We were so happy here.
We loved our home.
Our neighborhood.
Camden had made great friends.
We felt really good about postponing it. 

When my mom was diagnosed and the news started to spread,
the outpouring of love and support from my friends was incredible. 
T-shirts were purchased.
Babysitting was willingly accepted.
Meals were brought in.
And I'm not even the one with cancer!
As I was talking to Jason one night, 
I understood just why we had felt so good about waiting a year to apply.
There is no way I would have had this kind of support anywhere else.
I am grateful we stayed so that I can be near my family at such a difficult time.
I can't imagine how I would feel in this situation if I was living across state lines. 
But I am also grateful for the arms of friends that have wrapped around me
and served me and my family with no questions asked.
You know who you are,
and I will never be able to thank you enough.
I am lucky.
I am blessed.
I am so incredibly grateful.







No comments:

Post a Comment