Monday, August 10, 2015

She Will Fight


"Our scars make us know that our past was for real"-Jane Austen
                                                  Pride & Prejudice

There was a long period of my life where sleep was hard to come by.
Anxiety kept me awake a lot.
Worry about the present.
About the future. 
My stomach would turn.
My mind would race.

After tossing and turning, I would finally give up and turn to the one thing I knew would help me sleep.
Pride and Prejudice.
The music.
The dialogue.
It made me feel calm.
And happy.
It helped me escape reality long enough to slip into dreamland. 


Last night, as our family anxiously awaited a diagnosis
that was supposed to come this morning,
anxiety kept me awake.
My stomach turned.
My mind raced.
I turned the t.v. on and started the same movie that helped me fall asleep so many uncertain nights before. 
Somewhere after Mr. Bingley's ball scene I drifted off. 
We woke this morning to a diagnosis. 
It's cancer.
Ovarian caner.

Our family is shaken.
We have a long uncertain road ahead.
But my mother is a strong and faithful woman. 
She is scrappy and she will fight.
We will fight with her.
Please pray.
Pray for her and my dad.
Pray for our family.
I will do my best to keep my blog updated as her journey progresses. 

All my love,
                Stacey


1 comment: