Monday, August 31, 2015

Gratitude Monday Part 3

Part 3 already?!
That went so fast.
I feel like I just wrote last week's Gratitude Monday post.
Today there is a lot to get done.
Laundry.
Gym.
Groceries.
Dishes.
Meal prep.
Mom will be staying with me this week,
so I am trying to get everything done before she gets here tonight.

My third installment of Gratitude Monday, had me contemplating at my keyboard.
Navy played by my feet,
drawing, 
talking, 
singing.
With a big smile on her face, 
she showed me how her pen made clicking sounds.
Then she crawled up on the chair next to me,
plugged her nose and said,
"What's that stink?"
When I told her I didn't smell anything she said,
"It's probably you."
Thanks Nav.

Then she climbed up on the desk, 
grabbed the harmonica from the shelf,
and started playing.
"Dance mom"
I danced in my seat.
"No, mom. Stand up and dance."
"You dance."
So she handed me the harmonica, 
climbed down,
and danced around my room as I played.
As she twirled, I smiled.
My heart full of love for her.

So today, 
I am grateful for my daughter.
Spunky.
Smart.
Sassy.
Sweet.

At 14 weeks pregnant, I scheduled a 3D ultrasound.
I just couldn't wait any longer.
"It's a girl!" she said.
I cried.
It was exactly what I wanted. 
And she has brought me more joy than I ever thought possible.
She is funny.
And clever.
And makes us laugh when she looks at us out of the corner of her eyes.
And when she says "Probably" in almost every comment she makes.
And when she sings to "Let it go" and knows all the words.
When she rides her push bike, falls off, and pretends to die.
When she dances during the musical number during sacrament meeting. 
When she also does a somersault during said musical number.

She is joy.
Pure joy.
And I could never thank my Heavenly Father enough for entrusting her to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment